Analytics Fundamentals (NEW)
Analytics is a hot topic, but also a complex topic. This continuously growing field now includes descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics. Applied analytics including optimization, simulation, and automation expand the scope. Data growth also fuels the complexity – unstructured data, big data, social data, data streams, and more. Advanced analytics continues to expand with complex event processing, machine learning, cognitive computing, etc.
In the growing and evolving world of analytics we’re also experiencing a shift of roles and responsibilities. The “data things” that were once seen as IT responsibilities have become critical business skills. Analytics spans a continuum that encompasses IT departments, data scientists, data analysts, business analysts, business managers, and business leadership. It seems that everyone has a stake in analytics. Coordination, cross-functional analysis, data sharing, and governance all become important skills.
You Will Learn
- The concepts and practices of analytic modeling
- An analytics topology to make sense of the variety of analytic types and techniques
- The data side of analytics including data sourcing, data discovery, data cleansing, and data preparation
- Analytic techniques for exploration, experimentation, and discovery
- The human side of analytics: communication, conversation, and collaboration
- The organizational side of analytics: self-service, central services, governance, etc.
- A bit about emerging techniques and technologies shaping the future of analytics
- Business leaders and managers seeking to understand business dynamics through analytics
- IT leaders and managers responsible to deliver and to support analytics initiatives
- BI and analytics architects guiding the design, development, and deployment of analytics
- BI and analytics designers and developers
- Business analysts, data analysts, data scientists and those who aspire to these roles
The world’s best businesses trust Bilytica Analytics.
Harnessing the power of Bilytica Consulting Servics
Seeing and Understanding your data is the key to competitive advantage in 2016. See why Industry Leaders Trust Bilytica consulting solutions.Download presentation
Best practices for adopting secure, governed self-service analytics
Find out how Bilytica advanced analytics allows business users and IT to transform the way they used to see their valuable information.Download white paper