BI Program Management: A Competency Center Approach to BI Excellence
A BI program is a large and complex undertaking with competing interests, conflicting priorities, and simultaneous projects that must be managed from a “big picture” point of view. Program management encompasses the organization, disciplines, and activities necessary to coordinate interdependent projects. And it extends beyond project activities to ensure quality and availability of business-critical information services and continuous support of vital business decision-making processes.
The very broad scope of BI program management encompasses business alignment, value management, quality management, change management, and risk management. Find out how a BI competency center (BICC) approach to program management will substantially increase the impact of your BI program.
You Will Learn
- The definition and purpose of a BICC
- The business case for a BICC: value realization, risk mitigation, standardization, prioritization, alignment, agility, etc.
- Roles and responsibilities of a BICC: assessment, coordination, communication, etc.
- Organizational structures for a BICC and relationships with other shared-services groups such as data governance council and PMO
- Steps to creating a BICC, including issues, challenges, and mistakes to avoid
- Day-to-day activities of BICC operations: end-user support, training, stakeholder communications, collaboration, user group management, change control, etc.
- Techniques to sustain, evolve, and mature the BICC
- BI program managers, directors, and sponsors; leaders and managers in BI and business analytics; leaders and managers for enterprise data and information management
The world’s best businesses trust Bilytica Analytics.
Harnessing the power of Bilytica Consulting Servics
Seeing and Understanding your data is the key to competitive advantage in 2016. See why Industry Leaders Trust Bilytica consulting solutions.Download presentation
Best practices for adopting secure, governed self-service analytics
Find out how Bilytica advanced analytics allows business users and IT to transform the way they used to see their valuable information.Download white paper