Business Information and Modern BI: Balancing OLAP, Analytics, and Performance Management (NEW)
The dimensional data marts of yesterday are insufficient to meet the demands of a modern BI program.
Business expectations have expanded to include analytics and performance management. Enterprise initiatives call for data governance and master data management (MDM). New methods and technologies bring the possibility of virtualization, agile development, and big data initiatives.
This course will show you how to meet this expanding list of challenges, starting from a dimensional view of the business and building outward.
You Will Learn
- How to classify business requirements across key BI functions: business analytics, OLAP, and performance management
- Where data governance and MDM intersect with your BI program
- The impacts of big data technologies on your information architecture: virtualization, unstructured data, data mining, and visualization
- Dimensional modeling techniques that facilitate business interaction, support high-impact analytics, and synchronize with integrated performance management
- Best practices that ensure your data warehouse is a useful resource for business analytics
- Which parts of your information architecture should be subject to centralized development and control, and which parts can be entrusted to the business
- Multiple ways to enable the combination of enterprise dimensional data with local, external, or unstructured data
- How to match methodologies and technology standards to the unique requirements of each initiative
- BI program managers; business sponsors and information consumers; business analysts; data architects and systems architects; developers of data marts, data warehouses, OLAP environments, semantic layers, or information products such as reports, dashboards, and scorecards.
The world’s best businesses trust Bilytica Analytics.
Harnessing the power of Bilytica Consulting Servics
Seeing and Understanding your data is the key to competitive advantage in 2016. See why Industry Leaders Trust Bilytica consulting solutions.Download presentation
Best practices for adopting secure, governed self-service analytics
Find out how Bilytica advanced analytics allows business users and IT to transform the way they used to see their valuable information.Download white paper