This course will prepare functional managers and business practitioners to finally make sense of data analytics and take control of the analytic process. The “Data Analytics Boot Camp” develops core skills for business analytics and lays the foundation for data-intensive analytic projects that deliver insight, clarity, confidence and sound decision support.
Attendees will learn the four major types of problems encountered in commercial and public sector applications, and walk through a structured development process to grasp key issues they will face for each problem type. Unlike any other analytic or statistical training, this course maintains a decision strategy focus supported by work-along exercises on multiple business data sets. The exercises allow attendees to experience and organize the natural messiness of data analytics while reinforcing the skills to effectively drive their own projects. Participants return with a rich set of course notes, analytic process guides, exercise session files and follow-on resources.
You Will Learn
- Discover, monitor and clearly report the primary analytic contributors that affect strategic decision processes and their impact on performance metrics that are important to leadership
- Classify the four major types of analysis projects and match the best suited core analytic methods
- Receive a six-step methodology for evaluating and validating business insights
- Structure and organize a wide range of data analysis topics from a project-oriented, decision-process perspective
- Identify critical characteristics of available data fields and leverage treatments to significantly enhance their contribution to the decision making process
- Observe a structured process to evaluate the effectiveness of individual attributes and their value to enhancing a predefined objective
- Establish a solid foundation for more advanced analytic practices such as predictive modeling and data mining